Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Date and Time Format change in Input Form

Level 7

Hello Folks,

Is it possible to change the date format viewed on Input form ?

Example as shown below for Campaign Workflow:

Ssb_94_0-1636662583140.png

By default it takes format as MM/DD/YYYY, instead we are trying to make it as DD/MM/YYYY

Tried few options of formatDate in schema and form against corresponding field but no luck

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

SSB

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

@Ssb_94- I'm not sure how you would force the format on a form date-picker. Looking in the form schema at the input element, there doesn't seem to be a built-in attribute for formatting date pickers. Maybe someone else in the forum might be able to help.
However, in my experience, forcing a non-standardised date format is rarely a positive user experience. If you were going to force a date format other than the localised one, I would choose ISO date format (YYYY-MM-DD) as this is generally accepted as an alternative date format other than the localised one. To manipulate just a couple of date pickers to a different locale while all others are localised format would generally be a bad idea.

Just my 2c

Cheers

Darren 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi @Ssb_94 - my understanding of the date pickers in Campaign Client is they localise themselves based on the regional settings in Windows. Trying to prove this is trickier than I thought.

If it helps, all my date pickers are automatically DD/MM/YYYY (Windows = Australia region) - we never set this up specifically.

Cheers

Darren

Level 7

Understood @Darren_Bowers 

Is there anyway we can override the format, because our client is interested in having the date picker as DD/MM/YYYY , looks like formatDate document also says we cannot use in Schema / Form

Thanks,

SSB

Correct answer by
Level 9

@Ssb_94- I'm not sure how you would force the format on a form date-picker. Looking in the form schema at the input element, there doesn't seem to be a built-in attribute for formatting date pickers. Maybe someone else in the forum might be able to help.
However, in my experience, forcing a non-standardised date format is rarely a positive user experience. If you were going to force a date format other than the localised one, I would choose ISO date format (YYYY-MM-DD) as this is generally accepted as an alternative date format other than the localised one. To manipulate just a couple of date pickers to a different locale while all others are localised format would generally be a bad idea.

Just my 2c

Cheers

Darren