Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Create deeplinks to apps within emails

Level 3

Hi All,

Trying to explore options here to use email links to route to app from ac classic. I saw enabling mobile services with acquisition helps to create marketing links that route to an app, that requires creating universal/app links correct?

Does anyone know any other option or have used 3rd party integration with ac and brach/appflyer/custom options?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @priyal_b ,

You can use Appflyers OneLine Deeplinking features where it will detect the device type and redirect the users. 

If the link is opened on the dekstop then it will redirect user to desktop website and if the device is mobile and app is installed then the app will open according to the url provided.
Here is the documentation available: https://support.appsflyer.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000724598-Deep-linking-with-OneLink-best-practice...

The only concern with this approach is that, Appsflyer will have all the attribution report instead of adobe analytics.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks.
Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @priyal_b ,

The challenge is that the link to your app is going to be different based on which mobile platform the user has. So in the perfect scenario, you want to change the link (and maybe the content) dynamically based on whether the user is on iOS, Android or Desktop.

For example, this code would open twitter profile in the Twitter app (if you have it installed) from an email:

<a href="twitter://user?screen_name=twitter_username">follow me</a> 

You may check this page: https://trendlineinteractive.com/launching-ios-apps-from-an-email-newsletter/

Another thing is what will happen if customer does not have installed targeted app (prefered redirect to app store).

Regards,

Milan

Regards,

Milan

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @priyal_b ,

You can use Appflyers OneLine Deeplinking features where it will detect the device type and redirect the users. 

If the link is opened on the dekstop then it will redirect user to desktop website and if the device is mobile and app is installed then the app will open according to the url provided.
Here is the documentation available: https://support.appsflyer.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000724598-Deep-linking-with-OneLink-best-practice...

The only concern with this approach is that, Appsflyer will have all the attribution report instead of adobe analytics.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks.
Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 9

Hi @priyal_b we are currently working through an integration with Branch.io and ACC. Its a fairly straightforward setup from the Campaign side and the integration also continues to use the current click tracking that Campaign currently uses. Branch just intercepts the click request first, forwards the click track / open back to Campaign and then decides how to process your link based on your Branch dashboard settings. You can tell each link to deep link into the app or only open in a browser only depending on your use case.

Level 3

Thanks all, I will check on this but trying to see if existing AC mobile framework helps in anyway to create universal link.

Level 9

Hi @priyal_b - we have integrated Campaign Classic with Branch.io and Adobe Analytics to enable Universal Links with full attribution, so feel free to reach out if you need any help with integration. It is actually fairly simple but took a long time to figure out the best way to do this so our existing campaigns weren't affected. I also have some contacts within Branch and Adobe if you want to investigate this yourself for your environment.

Cheers
Darren