Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Convert String to Integer datatype

Level 4

Hi,

Please let me know how can I convert string data to integer datatype.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tejashriw155148 ,

you must do a split after query selection to get two branches (one for INT and another for STRING).

After that you may convert to  preferred type in Enrichment nodes in needed (per branch.)

If your data have only two characters you may adapt query in split:

1. To identify numbers something like: first character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) and second character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)
  2. To identify non-numbers just enable Complement of point 1 to get all non-numbers

Generally, with provided data all input values are string. Then you need to separate it with split (above) and do conversion of numbers to integer.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @tejashriw155148 

You can try ToInt64(<number>) or ToInteger(<number>) depending on your use case.

Thanks,
Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hello @Manoj_Kumar_ , 

I tried ToInt64(<number>) but its showing Error converting datatype varchar to bigint

and for ToInteger(<number>) Conversion failed while converting the varchar value 'LG' to data type int

Do you have any other solution?

Thanks.

Community Advisor
Can you share your string value?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ 

I have code field with string data type and data as below:

LG

Tr

I want to compare only integer data with other field which contain integer data.

Thanks,

Level 9

Looking at your data below, you cant convert an alpha-based string to an integer. It has to be a numeric string only.

Hard to know what your actual data looks like with that small sample, but if you can assume that the non-numeric data will always start with an alpha character, you can do something like this:

Iif(Ascii(Left(@yourColumn,1)) < 58 and Ascii(Left(@yourColumn,1)) > 47, ToInteger(@yourColumn) , -1 )

This checks the first character to see if it is between 0 and 9. If it is then convert the value to an Integer. Otherwise put "-1" in the data.

Level 2

"This checks the first character to see if it is between 0 and 9. If it is then convert the value to an Integer. Otherwise put "-1" in the data."

How to make this work for decimal values? Like 5.5 or 12.5?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @tejashriw155148 ,

you must do a split after query selection to get two branches (one for INT and another for STRING).

After that you may convert to  preferred type in Enrichment nodes in needed (per branch.)

If your data have only two characters you may adapt query in split:

1. To identify numbers something like: first character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) and second character in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)
  2. To identify non-numbers just enable Complement of point 1 to get all non-numbers

Generally, with provided data all input values are string. Then you need to separate it with split (above) and do conversion of numbers to integer.

Regards,

Milan