Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Campaign v8: Email/SMS volume

Level 4

Hi Team,

We are working on a big volume deliveries of v8 instance and encountered few questions from client on the email and sms volume without impacting the campaign performance.

Is there any matrix available on the campaign which describes the optimal performance of v8 for email and sms channel (sms channel will have dependency on 3rd party, but for now we are not considering this option)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @supratim320

I found a below page from Adobe that might be helpful for you:

Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud Services | Product Description

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1693911435147.png

You mentioned you are sending big campaign and with no impact on performance. 

There are below point you can consider for the performance . 

1. Deliverability: When scaling up from your usual 1 million emails per day to 3 million for a big campaign, it's essential to be mindful of your IP reputation. While a temporary dip may occur, monitoring and managing your sender reputation should be a priority.

2. Performance: The performance of your campaign can vary based on delivery complexity. If you're incorporating personalization and complex calculations, expect that it might take more time compared to a simple delivery.

3. Contractual Limits: It would be good to check your contract with Adobe. This will help you understand any limits or guidelines for email sending under your current agreement. If you have any questions or need clarification, you can reach out to Adobe support or your Adobe success manager.

I hope you find this information helpful .

Kr,

Parvesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

HI @supratim320 

The benchmark for V8 is for email channel. Saying that, when it comes to channel segregation, V8 works same way as V7 and if you want to isolate SMS processes (which as I say depend on a 3rd party), you would have to create a dedicated SMS affinity and set it on your SMS deliveries / delivery templates.... 

As you're on V8, the customer will work with its assigned Transition Manager that Adobe can configure the SMS affinity in the back-end....

With the above, your email and SMS deliveries won't interfere during sending as their processes will be segregated.

Please do work with the Adobe Transition Manager assigned to your customer that options can be explored further..

Also, on the SMS side, my assumption is that you have worked very closely with the SMS provider to properly setup the configuration on the external account. This is also critical for the SMS channel to work smoothly that the configuration in Adobe does not exceed the capacity the SMS provider has set on their side otherwise, you'll face errors/delays on your SMS and without channel segregation, your email sending could be impacted...

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @supratim320

I found a below page from Adobe that might be helpful for you:

Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud Services | Product Description

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1693911435147.png

You mentioned you are sending big campaign and with no impact on performance. 

There are below point you can consider for the performance . 

1. Deliverability: When scaling up from your usual 1 million emails per day to 3 million for a big campaign, it's essential to be mindful of your IP reputation. While a temporary dip may occur, monitoring and managing your sender reputation should be a priority.

2. Performance: The performance of your campaign can vary based on delivery complexity. If you're incorporating personalization and complex calculations, expect that it might take more time compared to a simple delivery.

3. Contractual Limits: It would be good to check your contract with Adobe. This will help you understand any limits or guidelines for email sending under your current agreement. If you have any questions or need clarification, you can reach out to Adobe support or your Adobe success manager.

I hope you find this information helpful .

Kr,

Parvesh