Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Campaign Templates vs Delivery Templates

Level 10

Hi all,

Campaign Templates vs Delivery Templates.

1.Why do we need both of these?

2. What is used where?

3. Is one a super set of the other?

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEM_Forum 

Delivery Templates :- A delivery template enables you to define once a set of technical and functional properties that suit your needs and that can be reused for future deliveries. You can then save time and standardize deliveries when needed.

Campaign Templates :- A Campaign template can contain other objects such a deliveries or workflows for example. When creating a new campaign, you can reuse a campaign template to already have several deliveries or workflows created inside.

Case 1: I usually send different newsletters to my customers, so my emails all have the same background, logo, links to social medias, only the core content in the middle of the email is updated. I can use a delivery template to have all these common elements already defined in my email. When creating a new email based on this delivery template, I will just have to fill the content that needs to change, all the rest will already be defined in the template.
Case 2: I have a "Christmas" campaign which contains various deliveries, for example one to give a discount for early birds in October, and another delivery to remind people that if they want to receive their purchases before Christmas, they need to order before 10 december. Here, my campaign contains 2 objects. Next year, I want to do another christmas campaign, and since it worked well last year, I will do something similar. So if I have a campaign templates that contains those 2 elements already, I'll gain time and won't have to create everything from scratch all over again. Of course, you can add some complexity by adding more deliveries to the campaign.

Regards

Akshay

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEM_Forum 

Delivery Templates :- A delivery template enables you to define once a set of technical and functional properties that suit your needs and that can be reused for future deliveries. You can then save time and standardize deliveries when needed.

Campaign Templates :- A Campaign template can contain other objects such a deliveries or workflows for example. When creating a new campaign, you can reuse a campaign template to already have several deliveries or workflows created inside.

Case 1: I usually send different newsletters to my customers, so my emails all have the same background, logo, links to social medias, only the core content in the middle of the email is updated. I can use a delivery template to have all these common elements already defined in my email. When creating a new email based on this delivery template, I will just have to fill the content that needs to change, all the rest will already be defined in the template.
Case 2: I have a "Christmas" campaign which contains various deliveries, for example one to give a discount for early birds in October, and another delivery to remind people that if they want to receive their purchases before Christmas, they need to order before 10 december. Here, my campaign contains 2 objects. Next year, I want to do another christmas campaign, and since it worked well last year, I will do something similar. So if I have a campaign templates that contains those 2 elements already, I'll gain time and won't have to create everything from scratch all over again. Of course, you can add some complexity by adding more deliveries to the campaign.

Regards

Akshay

Level 10

Thanks Akshay.

When creating a new campaign, you can reuse a campaign template to already have several deliveries or workflows created inside.

So, Campaign Template could be a superset of a Delivery Template?

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 6

Hi, don't think of it like that. Campaign template is basically a format in which you have workflows including deliveries saved. Delivery template on the other hand is a format for deliveries which can also be launched standalone.