Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to use output of first query as input of second query and filter results?

Level 3

I have 2 different queries in a single workflow. First query is having targeting dimension as recipient and filtering dimension as segment profile. Second query is having subscribers application as targeting and filtering dimension.

I want to use output of first query as input of second query. Is this possible?

Also, how I can get attributes related to filtering dimension of first query in second query?

Basically, first query is giving the list of recipients who belongs to a segment. Now, I want to check whether these recipients are matching criteria mentioned in second query

I have attached this workflow for reference.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vinay16 ,

The solution for your logic will be as below, Only modification is that its good to use 'split' activity instead of Query-2, which will give the same output.

ParthaSarathy_0-1692369223981.png

Query1:

As you had mentioned, you can select targeting dimension as recipient and filtering dimension as segment profile, and configure filtering conditions.

To add attributes related to filtering dimension of first query, click on Add data and follow the steps to add attributes. You can refer this documentation for more details

ParthaSarathy_1-1692369383762.png

Change dimension:

Select change dimension, expand targeting dimension and scroll down, you can find 'subscriber applications' and select it.

And select 'Keep all records'

ParthaSarathy_2-1692369646397.png

ParthaSarathy_3-1692369741105.png

Split activity:

Go to general tab > select 'use additional data only' radio button

ParthaSarathy_4-1692369796341.png

Now go to subset tab > select 'add a filtering condition on the inbound population' > edit > Now you can able to see targeting and filtering dimension is ;subscriber application' and the targeting population are the result of Query-1.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @vinay16 

You can use output of first query as input of second query by selecting temporary schema as the filtering condition.

AkshayAnand_1-1692337194251.png

To make the attributes available in the workflow you need to call them using "ADD Data" option and pull the necessary attributes.

AkshayAnand_2-1692337307954.png

Please find the screenshot of a sample workflow.

AkshayAnand_0-1692337152212.png

Regards

A

Community Advisor

Hi @vinay16 ,

Please try using Change dimension activity after your first query to subscribers application Schema and then give that as an input to your second query and Please select the Option "Keep all records" in your Change dimension activity for the Data in query1 to be available in the workflow.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vinay16 ,

The solution for your logic will be as below, Only modification is that its good to use 'split' activity instead of Query-2, which will give the same output.

ParthaSarathy_0-1692369223981.png

Query1:

As you had mentioned, you can select targeting dimension as recipient and filtering dimension as segment profile, and configure filtering conditions.

To add attributes related to filtering dimension of first query, click on Add data and follow the steps to add attributes. You can refer this documentation for more details

ParthaSarathy_1-1692369383762.png

Change dimension:

Select change dimension, expand targeting dimension and scroll down, you can find 'subscriber applications' and select it.

And select 'Keep all records'

ParthaSarathy_2-1692369646397.png

ParthaSarathy_3-1692369741105.png

Split activity:

Go to general tab > select 'use additional data only' radio button

ParthaSarathy_4-1692369796341.png

Now go to subset tab > select 'add a filtering condition on the inbound population' > edit > Now you can able to see targeting and filtering dimension is ;subscriber application' and the targeting population are the result of Query-1.

Hope this helps!

Administrator

Hi @vinay16,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa