Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

accessibleIf vs visibleIf

Level 2

Hi team,

any one help me use case of accessibleIf vs visibleIf.

I am tryed but i could not find different for both ude case

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Kumar_27 ,

visibleIf : hides the fields from the metadata, hence they cannot be accessed within a schema view, or column selection, or an expression builder. But this does not hide any data, if the field name is manually entered in an expression the value will show up.
Example,
<attribute name="email" visibleIf="hasNamedRight('admin')"/>
In the above definition of visibleif, the non-admins cannot see email in Configure list. But if the operator enters @email, then the operator can see the email address data.

accessibleIf : hides the data (replacing it with empty values) from resulting query. If visibleIf is empty, then it gets the same expression as accessibleIf .
Example,
<attribute name="email"  accessibleIf="hasNamedRight('admin')"/>
In the above definition of accessibleIf, the non-admins cannot see email in Configure list and also if the operator enters @email, then the operator CANNOT see the email address data, It will be empty.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Kumar_27 ,

visibleIf : hides the fields from the metadata, hence they cannot be accessed within a schema view, or column selection, or an expression builder. But this does not hide any data, if the field name is manually entered in an expression the value will show up.
Example,
<attribute name="email" visibleIf="hasNamedRight('admin')"/>
In the above definition of visibleif, the non-admins cannot see email in Configure list. But if the operator enters @email, then the operator can see the email address data.

accessibleIf : hides the data (replacing it with empty values) from resulting query. If visibleIf is empty, then it gets the same expression as accessibleIf .
Example,
<attribute name="email"  accessibleIf="hasNamedRight('admin')"/>
In the above definition of accessibleIf, the non-admins cannot see email in Configure list and also if the operator enters @email, then the operator CANNOT see the email address data, It will be empty.