Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using AAM segment created from AA data source in Target

Level 2

Dear all,

We have a website where visitors search for departure and arrival places. These are taken from the cookies and sent by Launch directly to Target when device is a personal computer. However for smartphone users, the cookie is not issued, and the departure and arrival places  could not be sent to Target. 
An alternative is to send these info through Launch to Analytics when the results page is shown. We have some AAM segments created from these info using AA as the data source. And if these segments are used in an XT activity in Target, I wonder if some of the following concerns are true: 

1. Delay between when a visitor qualifies for the experience and when they are included in the AAM segment to be used for XT

2. Time to live when the visitor stays in the AAM segment could be different as supposed to if the trait measured is send from Launch directly to Target 

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Roxie 

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

Hello @Roxie423 ,

If you have Analytics and forwarding data to AAM via Server-Side Forwarding then you can ignore the first concern mentioned below:

"Delay between when a visitor qualifies for the experience and when they are included in the AAM segment to be used for XT"

However, above will need a slight change in Target where you need to get the real-time segment sync enabled with the help of Target Support(customercare@adobe.com)

If you are publishing your AA segment to Experience Cloud then it will be a 24hours delay.

Regarding Time-To-Live, you can set this to never expire in AAM for the specific traits by changing the TTL value to 0. However, please note that if any device/user is not seen online in 120days time-frame then this device/user will be considered as inactive and remove from traits/segments in AAM.

I hope this helps, please let me know for any additional question.