Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Uploading an empty field (column) from a database in audience manager

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

We are about to do an integration from our first party data source with AAM, to avoid any future data reprocess, we would like to include all the fields in the scope, including several calculated fields. Given this calculated fields are not available yet, is it possible to include the columns for these fields associated to a client ID with a default value and then populate them when we have said variables available?. Here's an example of how we are hoping to upload the data.

Client ID         Ordered Items          CLV

123                           1                    Default Value

1234                         4                    Default Value

12345                       5                    Default Value

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rafael,

Certainly you can do that. You could either leave the value as empty in the file or can use a default value for no availability of values in the meantime. Both of the following examples will work:

12345 ordered_items="5",clv="",ordered_product="abc"
12345 ordered_items="5",clv="null",ordered_product="abc"

In the first example the value is blank and in second one the value is a default string "null" or you could use any string like: "na" etc.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rafael,

Certainly you can do that. You could either leave the value as empty in the file or can use a default value for no availability of values in the meantime. Both of the following examples will work:

12345 ordered_items="5",clv="",ordered_product="abc"
12345 ordered_items="5",clv="null",ordered_product="abc"

In the first example the value is blank and in second one the value is a default string "null" or you could use any string like: "na" etc.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 1
Hello, please tell me how can I use the default option? don't quite understand ... thanks for the help in advance
Regards Artur employee tracking