Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment Question - Multiple Traits

Level 2
Just had a general question regarding Adobe Audience Manager Segments with multiple traits:

Question #1
When creating a Segment with multiple traits joined with an 'AND' in the segment expression: for a user to qualify for the segment: do the users need to satisfy all the traits based on the same hit, or same visit/session or same ECID? 

Thanks for your help!
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi WesPhg,

It is not necessary to qualify for all the Traits in a single hit in order to qualify for a segment, user/device can qualify all the Traits of a segment in mulitple hits/visit/session.

For ex-

If the segment is populated on CRM ID- whenver a user qualify a Trait that Trait will get linked with that CRM ID & when all the Traits will qualify, the segment will automatically qualifiy. (This can be achieved in multiple hits/visits/session) 

If segment is populated on ECID/UUID- then the device ID should be same i.e. if a segment has 3 traits with AND condition then in order to become part of segment it is neccessary that all Traits should qualify on the same ECID/UUID so that the particular ECID/UUID will become part of the Segment.(This can also be achieved in mulitple hits/visit/session)

I hope this will help

Thank You

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi WesPhg,

It is not necessary to qualify for all the Traits in a single hit in order to qualify for a segment, user/device can qualify all the Traits of a segment in mulitple hits/visit/session.

For ex-

If the segment is populated on CRM ID- whenver a user qualify a Trait that Trait will get linked with that CRM ID & when all the Traits will qualify, the segment will automatically qualifiy. (This can be achieved in multiple hits/visits/session) 

If segment is populated on ECID/UUID- then the device ID should be same i.e. if a segment has 3 traits with AND condition then in order to become part of segment it is neccessary that all Traits should qualify on the same ECID/UUID so that the particular ECID/UUID will become part of the Segment.(This can also be achieved in mulitple hits/visit/session)

I hope this will help

Thank You