Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Times in" options is calculated for each traits from segments - AAM

Level 5

Hi,

We would like to understand more on how times in options (Recency and Frequency) is calculated for each trait when we used to create the segmentation.

if we create conditions like this,

Trait ID[123] = 5 "times in"

How is it calculate? 5 instance or 5 visits or 5 pageview....?

Please explain me

Thanks,

Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Vijay,

It seems that you are relating it with web analytics.

So, for an online trait, If that visitor realizes the trait 5 times, then they will be qualified for 5 frequencies and can enter into segment.

In simple language it would be 5 page views or 5 hits by the same visitor.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Cheers,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Vijay,

It seems that you are relating it with web analytics.

So, for an online trait, If that visitor realizes the trait 5 times, then they will be qualified for 5 frequencies and can enter into segment.

In simple language it would be 5 page views or 5 hits by the same visitor.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Cheers,

Varun Kalra

Level 5

Hi Varun,

Thanks for your quick response.

Here is our case!

Step 1 - When I visit the landing page (Home Page) for the first time. I am able to recognition under this "GB Market Traits" that I have created with AA Signals and the conditions is "c_eVar1 == gb" and the frequency counts is "1"

Step 2 - When I refresh or reload the same (Home Page), then my frequency counts is "2" for that same trait.

This I am agreed as per your comments. Since the actions is hit or pageview within the same visitor the counts varies.

Now Step 3 -  When I reach to the product detail page, then my frequency counts for this "GB Market Trait" should be "3"  right? but still shows "2" for that same trait. Even though the AA Signals "c_eVar1 == gb" passed on this product detail page.

Please find the below two landing page for your reference.

Home Page (https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/index.html)

Landing Page (https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0685816002.html)

Can you kindly help me on this.

Thanks,

Vijay