Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple AAM 1st party data sources

Level 2

Hello

We have 2 cross device data sources in AAM for 1st party CRM data:

1) data_source_1 (created with Integration_code_1)

2) data_source_2  (created with Integration_code_2)

Both data sources contain the same CRM user id's. The difference between the 2 data sources is the data_source_1 contains 1st party data that can be used for both off-site and on-site ad targeting, whereas data_source_2 contains 1st party data that can only be used on-site ad targeting (not off-site).

I have a couple of questions about this setup:

1)

On day 1 data_source_1 receives a milestone file for user_1 (AAM recognises this user):

user_1     "has_fibre_broadband"="N"

On day 5 data_source_2 receives a milestone file for the same user (user_1):

user_1     "gaming_fan"="Y"

After day 5 is the user associated to both has_fibre_broadband and gaming_fan traits? Or  does the milestone file received on day 5 overwrite all previous traits, therefore the user is only associated to the gaming_fan trait?

2)

What role does Integration code play when setting up cross device data sources?  We are relatively new to AAM and data_source_1 was created by an Adobe consultant when we first implemented this product. We created data_source_2 without Adobe's help and set the Integration code to be something random (as this had to be unique across data sources and therefore we could not use the same code as we have for data_source_1).

When we first sent 1st party data to data_source_2, none of our CRM users had a matching AAM uuid. We then sought help from our tagging team who provided us with an integration code to use. Our CRM users started to be recognised by AAM when we switched to this integration code. Given that our CRM users are the same across both data sources, why can we not use the same integration code across the two data sources? I'm sure this is down to my lack of understanding about integration codes so any help/insight you can provide will be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Shah

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Shah,

I checked the Use case you mentioned about Cross-device data sources in AAM. Please find my recommendation below on the questions you asked:

1. On day 1 AAM will recognize user_1 for data_source_1 for trait expression "has_fibre_broadband"="N" &  On day 5 AAM will recognize user_1 for data_source_2 for trait expression "gaming_fan"="Y". User_1 will get associated with both the data_sources, it will not overwrite because you ingest a data file on the bases of data_source. for data_source_1 file name will be like: ftp_dpm_ds1_unixtimestamp.overwrite

2. Generally, integration codes are optional. They are required when you want to:

- Create a cross-device data source.

- Working with Profile Merge Rules.

- Using the Experience Cloud ID/ MID (Marketing Cloud ID)

When you define Integration Code for a Data Source, it acts as an identifier for that Data Source. And all the data you pass to AAM / do your ID Sync calls with d_cid_ic=integration code%01user ID will be recognized in AAM with that Integration Code.

Regards,

Ankit Bhatt

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Shah,

I checked the Use case you mentioned about Cross-device data sources in AAM. Please find my recommendation below on the questions you asked:

1. On day 1 AAM will recognize user_1 for data_source_1 for trait expression "has_fibre_broadband"="N" &  On day 5 AAM will recognize user_1 for data_source_2 for trait expression "gaming_fan"="Y". User_1 will get associated with both the data_sources, it will not overwrite because you ingest a data file on the bases of data_source. for data_source_1 file name will be like: ftp_dpm_ds1_unixtimestamp.overwrite

2. Generally, integration codes are optional. They are required when you want to:

- Create a cross-device data source.

- Working with Profile Merge Rules.

- Using the Experience Cloud ID/ MID (Marketing Cloud ID)

When you define Integration Code for a Data Source, it acts as an identifier for that Data Source. And all the data you pass to AAM / do your ID Sync calls with d_cid_ic=integration code%01user ID will be recognized in AAM with that Integration Code.

Regards,

Ankit Bhatt