Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Impression Pixel Tracking Question

Level 3

We're looking at improving our impression tracking in AAM and the page Capturing Campaign Impression Data via Pixel Calls looks to be very helpful.

Unfortunately, it isn't clear what Signals would be passed to AAM by these pixels so that we can create our Traits appropriately.

At a guess, we'd set up rule-based traits looking at the variables like d_adgroup, but we may be wrong. We also don't have a simple way to test, so thought I'd ask here first.  A search did not reveal anything obvious to me either, unfortunately.

Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi robert_yocum

Your understanding is correct here,signals fro these pixels would look like:

1.d_event == "imp"

2 d_campaign == provided value

3.d_creative == provided value

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey Robert,

By using "pixeling the creative" You will be able to map and report all impressions and clicks based on the key reporting attributes of the campaign. The aggregated data provides a unified view of campaign performance, helps identify custom conversion paths, and helps customers improve the sequence of ad server events that lead to conversions.

Also to your question, by Search Signals by Key-Value Pairs you will be able to create traits based on your key-value pair selection.

Use Cases

It can be applied recency and frequency controls to any rule-based traits that contain actionable signals. This allows you, for example, to frequency cap the number of times a user is shown a particular creative, within a media campaign. Other use cases include:

Retarget Users

• Retarget users who saw creative 123 but didn't click or convert and show them creative 456. Do this:
  1. Create a trait to capture users who saw the creative. Let's say you name the trait Creative Trait 123. Use the trait rule: d_creative == 123 AND d_event == imp
  2. Create a trait to capture users who click or convert. Let's say you name this one Click and Converter. Use the trait rule: d_event == click OR d_event=conv
  3. Create a segment to populate with users who saw creative 123 but didn't click or convert. Name it Retarget Users and use the segment rule: Creative Trait 123 AND NOT Click and Converter
  4. Map the segment Retarget Users to a destination and target users in the destination with creative 456.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 3

I think I confused my question a bit, but you may have answered indirectly.

The help article I posted says to use the following as a rule for building the pixels:

http://clientname.demdex.net/event?d_event=imp&d_src=datasource_id&d_site=siteID&

d_creative=creative_id&d_adgroup=adgroup_id&d_placement=placement_id

&d_campaign=campaign_id[&d_cid=(GAID|IDFA)%01 DPUUID]&d_bust=cache buster value

What isn't clear to me is what the signal keys will look like from this URL so that I can build Traits.  Based on your response, though, the signal keys would be d_creative or d_adgroup from the URL parameters.  We'd set up our URLs in the ad platform and look for the appropriate signals to build out traits.

Let me know if I have misunderstood, please.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi robert_yocum

Your understanding is correct here,signals fro these pixels would look like:

1.d_event == "imp"

2 d_campaign == provided value

3.d_creative == provided value

Regards,

Shweta

Community Advisor

Hey Robert,

Got you your answer is within the mentation link you share, look for Supported Key-Value Pairs in this Capturing Campaign Impression Data via Pixel Calls . you should be able to build traits on these key-value pairs. My example in the previous reply can help on how to retarget users.

Thanks,

Asheesh