Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ID Synchronization in Audience Manager using ECID Service- Is DIL code needed ?

Level 1

Hello  All,

We have audience manager and ECID service setup on all non login pages of our website via Adobe Launch, however due to security reasons we are not using Launch on login page. We have included ECID service library file in the login page and calling setCustomerID() function once customer authenticates and setting up customer hash email as userid.

As per our use case we are also onboarding CRM data in AAM data source which has same integration code as "userid" in above login page setCustomerID() code as below.

visitor.setCustomerIDs({
"userid":{
"id":"67312378756723456",
"authState":Visitor.AuthState.AUTHENTICATED
}
});

I need your help in understanding, if AAM DIL code implementation is needed on login page for AAM to synchronize customer hash email from login page and that in the uploaded CRM file ?

The use case is to personalize non login pages with attributes from CRM.

Thankyou for your replies ! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @snehaparmar ,

If the purpose of login step is just to perform ID sync then no need to add AAM DIL library.

However, if you are planning to send data along with this ID sync to AAM then you would need DIL code on the login page as well.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any additional question for me.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @snehaparmar ,

If the purpose of login step is just to perform ID sync then no need to add AAM DIL library.

However, if you are planning to send data along with this ID sync to AAM then you would need DIL code on the login page as well.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any additional question for me.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

Level 1

Thankyou Ankita. That helps ! 

Yes objective is to only do ID synchronization on login page and no data to be shared with AAM. 

One more query, in this non launch implementation, I do not see a network call on login page after calling setCustomerID function when user authenticates, so I am not sure it the hash email (customerID) was attached to the corresponding ECID or not. Is there a way to check this ? Thankyou !

Employee Advisor

Hello @snehaparmar ,

Please follow below steps to validate the ID sync call.

1. Open incognito window and hit F12 key.
  2. Go to network tab and enable "Preserver Logs" option.
  3. Now, open your website and perform login.
  4. Enter "demdex" or "vsid" in the search box. You should see one call now containing the customerID.

ankitasodhi_0-1632734427871.png

Let me know if still don't see this call.

Level 1

Thanks Ankita for quick help. I did check the network tab but there is no network call (demdex, vsid ) with customer ID when I login. However I am sure that setCustomerIDs function is getting called on login. 

Employee Advisor

I would need to furthe debug the implementation, would you be able to send a direct message to me with your website details and any test credentials that I can use to login?

Level 1

Hi Ankita

I have shared the details with you in direct message. Thankyou !