Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to implement AA script tag in a React JS project?

Level 1

Hello,

I have a huge Adobe Audience <script> tag and I have to insert it into a React JS project.

I was instructed to insert it in <head> tag, but I am trying to avoid inserting it in my index.html file because I feel it's not the best practice to put

a lot of code in it. I am wondering if there is a way to work around this and inserting this script tag with an approach that is more React-like.

Thank you very much

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In that case, you could place the AAM script at the location where you have your other JS libraries and call it using script src tag. Additionally, if could you elaborate the usecase for this script that you're trying to add, we may be able to come up with more options.

Regards,

Harish

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi luizam67085634 ,

You could use a tag manager, such as DTM, Google, etc. to host the script and call it in your head section; or you can add call the script using script source tag, again in your head section.

Using a tag manager is recommended as you don't have to edit your site code every time you have to make changes/add/remove multiple scripts.

Regards,

Harish

Level 1

Unfortunately, a tag manager is not an option in this case. The client doesn't allow because of its area of business.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In that case, you could place the AAM script at the location where you have your other JS libraries and call it using script src tag. Additionally, if could you elaborate the usecase for this script that you're trying to add, we may be able to come up with more options.

Regards,

Harish

Level 10

Hi luizam67085634 ,

Did you get a resolution to your query?

Thanks,

Gaurang