Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help required to validate Server Side Forwarding in AAM from Adobe Analytics.

Level 2

Hello,

We have recently setup Server Side Forwarding from our Adobe Analytics instance to Adobe Audience Manager.

Queries:

1. How do we test a successful SSF implementation in AAM UI since “Unused Signal Report” is missing? Where do I find this report, it is not present in it's usual location.
  2. Will AAM create a data source automatically post implementing SSF? If not, what is the best way to create it manually and ensure that it is indeed fetching data from our Adobe Aanalytics-SSF only?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Harshi,

Here's how you can validate your SSF implementation:

Unlike the client side implementation/integration, server-side integration does not send Analytics data to demdex servers in a separate event call. Instead, there are additional parameters in the Analytics server call, both in the request and in the response.

• The additional parameters in the Analytics call can be viewed in the Digital Pulse debugger, the network tab of the browser or via a packet sniffer like Charles. The screenshot below indicates the additional parameters in the request.

callbacCookies Supported

s_c_il[1].doPostbacks

• In addition to these parameters in the request, you will also be able to see additional data in the response of the Analytics call. Instead of just returning a 2x2 pixel, it will return a JSON response from

AAM that would include the UUID and any segment data that you have qualified for, and which has been mapped to a cookie-based destination in AAM.

1. Will AAM create a data source automatically post implementing SSF? If not, what is the best way to create it manually and ensure that it is indeed fetching data from our Adobe Analytics-SSF only?

No. Data source is primarily to organize your traits and identify the source of a signal. I would recommend that you create a Cookie Data Source and all traits that you create based on the site analytics data, associate them to this Cookie Data Source.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Harshi,

Here's how you can validate your SSF implementation:

Unlike the client side implementation/integration, server-side integration does not send Analytics data to demdex servers in a separate event call. Instead, there are additional parameters in the Analytics server call, both in the request and in the response.

• The additional parameters in the Analytics call can be viewed in the Digital Pulse debugger, the network tab of the browser or via a packet sniffer like Charles. The screenshot below indicates the additional parameters in the request.

callbacCookies Supported

s_c_il[1].doPostbacks

• In addition to these parameters in the request, you will also be able to see additional data in the response of the Analytics call. Instead of just returning a 2x2 pixel, it will return a JSON response from

AAM that would include the UUID and any segment data that you have qualified for, and which has been mapped to a cookie-based destination in AAM.

1. Will AAM create a data source automatically post implementing SSF? If not, what is the best way to create it manually and ensure that it is indeed fetching data from our Adobe Analytics-SSF only?

No. Data source is primarily to organize your traits and identify the source of a signal. I would recommend that you create a Cookie Data Source and all traits that you create based on the site analytics data, associate them to this Cookie Data Source.

Cheers!

Level 9

Hi Harshi,

It would be good if you get the unused signal reports enabled by contacting AAM client care or check with your AAM consultant.
Unused signal reports will show that whether you are receiving variables from AA or not. You can use signals from unused signal reports as it is to create traits.
For example if there is any evar or prop in the AA call, then you will be able to see c_evar or c_prop in unsed signal reports.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

Thank you Varun for your response. I will get in touch with the customer care team and get it activated.

Level 2

Thank you for your response and detailed explanation. I am able to see additional parameters in the debugger (please see the screenshot below).

debugger adobe.JPG

1458230_pastedImage_4.png

Also, the response tab shows the uuid received but when I created a trait based on the prop1 value as c_prop1="sdhd600 product description page" OR c_prop1="SDHD600 Product Description Page" it did not fetch any result and it has been two days, the hits were made from multiple devices and from different browsers. Am I missing something? Apologies if the question is trivial since I am very new to AA and AAM.

Thank you,

Harshit Pandey

Level 9

Hi Harshit,

Make sure you created a rule based trait with c_prop1.
It should show some real time uniques after 48 hours in the trait graph, that's strange if it is not appearing.

Get the unused signal report enabled from AAM client care and then you will be sure on using the signals while creating traits.

Also, would it be possible for you to create a segment that uses this trait and map that to a test cookie based destination and see if you are getting that cookie destination info in the AA call's response.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

The trait has started populating the data with c_prop1. I should have been more patient Thank you again for providing the resolution..