Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Export Data from Audience Manager to inhouse application

Level 2

Hi,

I need to integrate AAM to my enteprise data lake platform to leverage potential insights avaialble from Audience Manager. I've few questions on the same:

- What are the options available to export data from AAM into my enterprise application?

- What kind of data can I export from AAM.

- What type of export feature is availabe (real time / Batch)

I read through the documentation where customer data feed is provided as option to get data out of AAM, is this the recommended approach?

Please provide details on recommended approaches.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi SivaK

There are two ways in which we can export audience manager data.

1.Customer Data Feeds(CDF) as you mentioned. A CDF file contains the same data that an Audience Manager event call ( /event ) sends to our servers. This includes data like user IDs, trait IDs, segment IDs, and all the other parameters captured by an event call. More information on CDF is given here.

2.The other way is to create custom exports in audience manager which will be delivered to customer's S3 bucket.These are data source specific export which will contain the list of active  users in a specific format.

There are three types of bulk export:

Bulk Id: We can export the following using bulk id export.It is not used for exporting traits or segments.

1. AAM UUIDs and their corresponding declared ids

2.This data is exported to a S3 bucket in a predefined format.

3.The exported data is keyed off a specified data source.

4.The export can be done as a one time export of all the active IDs, or we can setup a recurring process to export the IDs on incremental basis.

Bulk Trait: Used for exporting lists of traits, typically with IDs as the 1st column key.It exports:

AAM UUIDs and their corresponding declared ids along with the list of traits thet IDS qualified for.Rest all the information is same as above

Bulk Segment: Used for exporting lists of segments, typically with IDs as the 1st column key.It exports:

AAM UUIDs and their corresponding declared ids along with the list of segments that IDs qualified for.Rest all the information is same as above.

You can select the export which suits your requirement and raise a ticket on amsupport@adobe.com to set it up for you.

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi SivaK

There are two ways in which we can export audience manager data.

1.Customer Data Feeds(CDF) as you mentioned. A CDF file contains the same data that an Audience Manager event call ( /event ) sends to our servers. This includes data like user IDs, trait IDs, segment IDs, and all the other parameters captured by an event call. More information on CDF is given here.

2.The other way is to create custom exports in audience manager which will be delivered to customer's S3 bucket.These are data source specific export which will contain the list of active  users in a specific format.

There are three types of bulk export:

Bulk Id: We can export the following using bulk id export.It is not used for exporting traits or segments.

1. AAM UUIDs and their corresponding declared ids

2.This data is exported to a S3 bucket in a predefined format.

3.The exported data is keyed off a specified data source.

4.The export can be done as a one time export of all the active IDs, or we can setup a recurring process to export the IDs on incremental basis.

Bulk Trait: Used for exporting lists of traits, typically with IDs as the 1st column key.It exports:

AAM UUIDs and their corresponding declared ids along with the list of traits thet IDS qualified for.Rest all the information is same as above

Bulk Segment: Used for exporting lists of segments, typically with IDs as the 1st column key.It exports:

AAM UUIDs and their corresponding declared ids along with the list of segments that IDs qualified for.Rest all the information is same as above.

You can select the export which suits your requirement and raise a ticket on amsupport@adobe.com to set it up for you.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 2

Thanks for the details, helpful.