Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Visitor ID sync in mobile app

Level 4

If I do a Visitor Id sync to Audience Manager using the native app SDK when I first know about a user logging in, how often would I have to do another sync to Audience Manager to ensure that the profile does not expire?

The scenario is where a user only ever logs in once, when the app is first installed, and from that point forward remains logged in (unless they explicitly log out).

Do we have to do another sync with every app launch, or every 2 weeks or some other timeframe?

Has anyone experienced this scenario?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Aaron,

AAM’s cross device/declared Id/profile link ID sync expires after 60 days, if and only if a user does not authenticate AND that user’s AAM Cookie is not seen platform-wide across any of our clients.  So, the link between CRM ID and AAM Cookie may live indefinitely if that user is active on our client’s sites.

Thanks,

Gaurang

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Aaron,

AAM’s cross device/declared Id/profile link ID sync expires after 60 days, if and only if a user does not authenticate AND that user’s AAM Cookie is not seen platform-wide across any of our clients.  So, the link between CRM ID and AAM Cookie may live indefinitely if that user is active on our client’s sites.

Thanks,

Gaurang