Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ECID as data source for activation

Level 4

Hi,

I am looking to pull all ECIDs and create a data source in AAM to activate segment on instead of AAM UUID.  Will that work?

SCB21_0-1667311892808.png

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

If you would like to pull all ECIDs via a bulk export, feel free to submit a ticket to customer care so we can assist with the configuration of that export. 

Due to the nature of the relationship between ECIDs & UUIDs, our system innately activates on ECIDs. These two ID types are mathematically related, so every-time a UUID is generated a related ECID is also created for that particular user, and vice versa. In other words, an ECID can never exist without an associated UUID. Either one of these IDs can be utilized for targeting & segmentation purposes, as our system is capable of calculating one based on the other. 

Let me know if this fully answers your query, or if you have any further related questions. Thanks!

Best,

Curtis Oliver  |  Technical Support Engineer  |  Adobe   |  curtiso@adobe.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

If you would like to pull all ECIDs via a bulk export, feel free to submit a ticket to customer care so we can assist with the configuration of that export. 

Due to the nature of the relationship between ECIDs & UUIDs, our system innately activates on ECIDs. These two ID types are mathematically related, so every-time a UUID is generated a related ECID is also created for that particular user, and vice versa. In other words, an ECID can never exist without an associated UUID. Either one of these IDs can be utilized for targeting & segmentation purposes, as our system is capable of calculating one based on the other. 

Let me know if this fully answers your query, or if you have any further related questions. Thanks!

Best,

Curtis Oliver  |  Technical Support Engineer  |  Adobe   |  curtiso@adobe.com

Level 4

Thanks Curtis for the super quick response.

Level 1

Audience Manager helps you bring your audience data assets together, making it easy to collect commercially relevant information about site visitors, create marketable segments, and serve targeted advertising and content to the right audience.