Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create Traits/Segments from a Target activity

Level 4

I have a Target A/B test running currently. In the page where the test is running I have a hero image and a button. Clicking on the button is the conversion. The audience used for this A/B test was created in Audience Manager.

I need to create another Target activity. The audience will be visitors who saw the A/B test but did not click on the button. I'm trying to use Audience Manager again to create an audience.

I saw another post here about using targetraw to create Traits. This:https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/can-analytics-forward-dat...

I tried the suggestion from that post but it's not working.

I created multiple traits like so-

"targetraw.activity (target activities)" contains "my activity name"
"targetraw.activity (target activities)" == "my activity name"
targetraw.activity contains "my activity name"
targetraw.activity == "my activity name"
"targetraw.activityexperience (target activity > experience)" contains "my activity>experience name"
"targetraw.activityexperience (target activity > experience)" == "my activity>experience name"
targetraw.activityexperience contains "my experience name"
targetraw.activityexperience == "my experience name"

None of them are populated.

I have reports in Analytics that show the A/B test is getting impressions and not all visitors are clicking on the button so there should be visitors qualifying.

I also went to Analytics>Audience Reports>Other reports>Unused signals. I changed the date range to the date the Target activity is activated and did a wild card search for "target" and nothing turned up. 

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

Hello @michaela7702973 ,

Analytics can share data with AAM in real-time via SSF only and that too with limited variables only. [Complete List]

Above mentioned variables won't populate in AAM due to the product design. You need to pass these variables as one of evar/prop/listvar to have them populated in AAM.

Alternatively, you can create segment in Analytics and then share them over to AAM by publishing these to Experience Cloud. However, this approach will come at an additional 24hours delay as this will be offline data share.

I hope this helps!