Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Audience manager Extension with Domain exception

Level 6

Hi,

I am new to AAM and we are trying to implement AAM through adobe launch . Our one single property hold multiple sites and the requirement is to load Adobe audience manger only one domain. I thought I can create a rule to load like adobe target but action type only contain custum code. is there any way to load this library spefici to domain?

Thanks,

Pradeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @pradeep_07 ,

With Analytics extension + Server-Side forwarding, you can control the data forwarding by limiting AA call to get fired.

With SSF, AAM will get data only when AA call gets fired and for this you need to create a rule > Send Analytics Beacon.

So, in your rules if you add a condition on the URL or domain where you allow Analytics Beacon to fire only when the domain has a specific value then you will be able to control the AAM data collection call.

If the requirement is to block only AAM call but let AA call to fire then you need to go with custom code method where instead of letting Launch manage the library. Steps for which will be as follows:

1. Select "let me provide the library" option in Analytics extension.

2. Add AppMeasurement.js and AudienceManagementModule in the editor.

3. Under custom tracker code, initialize AAM only when domain/URL has a specific value.

With above, if you try to call Analytics Send Beacon function then data will not be sent to AAM but AA will continue to receive the data.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello @pradeep_07 ,

If AAM extension is added in the launch property then it will load by default. However, you there is one setting with which you can restrict the extension to not load.

ankitasodhi_1-1632979878378.png

In the above setting, add all the URL on which you don't want AAM extension to load. You can also utilize regex in the URL field when you click on Add Path button.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any additional question.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

Level 6

Thanks

@Ankita_Sodhi - I realized that extension is not meant for server side forwarding of analytics data. Adobe recommendation is to use Adobe analytics default option to enable Adobe audience and server side forwarding, but with that option I dont find any setting to exlude the domain.

Link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/launch-learn/assets/aam-configLaunchSSF.png?lang=en

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @pradeep_07 ,

With Analytics extension + Server-Side forwarding, you can control the data forwarding by limiting AA call to get fired.

With SSF, AAM will get data only when AA call gets fired and for this you need to create a rule > Send Analytics Beacon.

So, in your rules if you add a condition on the URL or domain where you allow Analytics Beacon to fire only when the domain has a specific value then you will be able to control the AAM data collection call.

If the requirement is to block only AAM call but let AA call to fire then you need to go with custom code method where instead of letting Launch manage the library. Steps for which will be as follows:

1. Select "let me provide the library" option in Analytics extension.

2. Add AppMeasurement.js and AudienceManagementModule in the editor.

3. Under custom tracker code, initialize AAM only when domain/URL has a specific value.

With above, if you try to call Analytics Send Beacon function then data will not be sent to AAM but AA will continue to receive the data.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

Level 6

Hi Thanks,

But it looks like , we ill have to update the code on the page to send in cc.ssf=1 for  countries where we dont need AA data sent to AAM, and then, the report suite won't forward those hits to AAM.