Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AAM Segment for mobile App using Adobe SDK

Level 2

We need to have a list do  segment shared by Audience manager to mobile App shared using adobe SDK

Also will like ot use it the way we have shared destination so we can control the segment we need to share.

We have very less documentation to address the same

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Santosh,

I have not completely understood your question, though I can still provide you some info.

You can refer to this doc for double checking the steps that you followed while implementing: Implementing AAM for Android

As you stated, that implementation is done and SSF is enabled. So, if any AA variable fires in the AA call while accessing the mobile app, then those AA variables will be hitting the AAM server as signals (key value pairs).

You can check the unused signal reports, and you will be able to see some signals coming from mobile app like these: c_contextdata.[signalname]

You need to create your traits using these signals. If you want to filter with more granularity then you can also add platform variables (signals). Check this doc on platform variables for devices:
Device Targeting With Platform-level Keys 

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi Santosh,

I am not sure, I understood your query properly or not. But as per my understanding you want to share/ utilize Audience manager segments with your Mobile App using adobe SDK. Also you want to use it in a way shared destination so you can control the segment to share. So, for that:

- first your need to implement Audience Manager through Mobile SDK. For SDK code please refer SDK Code link.

- Once implemented you will start capturing signals into Audience Manager and make traits and segments out of those Signals. (Make sure while using Data Source, it should be type "Device Advertising ID". This setting is used to identify mobile devices.)

- Once you have the segments with you then you can use that segment via Audience Lab feature to share it with different destinations and can see/ analyze which third party destination is performing well for you.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further query or I misunderstood your query.

Thanks,

Ankit Bhatt

Level 2

HI Ankit

We already have Adobe SDK and AAM for the method in place and server-side forwarding  from sdk

as mentioned i the link

So now we have signal collected by App  in SDK to AAM .

Question is

1. which value will the get visitor  API will return ( segment or ?) 
  2. Do we need to send the trait value in input or to Adobe analysis signal can ( any example will be good )
  3. is there any  possibility to get the  segment we get via cookie destination for web
  4. it is possible to only share the segment we need to share to Mobile App or defined destination

We don't find any documentation on the same.

As an outcome, we need to have controlled way to share the segment to the APP from Mobile App same as Web ,

Level 2

We are only aiming for own App, not for the third party app.  for marking. device ID will be enabled in the upcoming app release.

We are aiming for oww App personalization by the AAM segments

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Santosh,

I have not completely understood your question, though I can still provide you some info.

You can refer to this doc for double checking the steps that you followed while implementing: Implementing AAM for Android

As you stated, that implementation is done and SSF is enabled. So, if any AA variable fires in the AA call while accessing the mobile app, then those AA variables will be hitting the AAM server as signals (key value pairs).

You can check the unused signal reports, and you will be able to see some signals coming from mobile app like these: c_contextdata.[signalname]

You need to create your traits using these signals. If you want to filter with more granularity then you can also add platform variables (signals). Check this doc on platform variables for devices:
Device Targeting With Platform-level Keys 

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

Hi Varun

thanks for this One quick one

How it will differ if we use SDK5 and launch

How

Note : Will be on vaction from 18 Feb to 8th March

General Information

Level 9

This is more a question on Mobile services and Launch side.

jantzen.belliston-Adobe​ could you have a look at this?

Level 10

As far as I'm aware, this process is fairly similar in v5 and Launch. The difference is that you can deploy new configurations to your SDK and deploy new tools for the SDK without needing to publish a new version of your app to the app store. With that said, you could post a question in the Adobe Experience Platform SDKs​ community to be sure. We've got our experts on the SDK monitoring that community.