Expand my Community achievements bar.

AAM recency/Frequency behavior - Chrome Incognito browser

Level 2

Hi,

Wanted to check if recency/frequency setup will work even if user accessing the website only in Incognito(always). Let's say, we show the content based on onboarded trait qualification and remove the user from the segment after X no.of times content view(based on analytics data captures in AA and send it to AAM(via SSF)

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello @MA1985CG,

The mentioned use case is achievable if you are targeting authenticated profiles i.e. customerIDs. Device based qualification + recency/frequency won't work. Also, please note that recency/frequency works only on rule-based traits which means  you need onboarded + rule-based traits qualified on authenticated profile only to make this use case functional.

I hope this helps!

Level 3

Hi @Ankita_Sodhi - Yes, we had done the setup in same way. My primary question is more of related to Chrome Incognito browser behavior. Let's say, we done the setup to show the content only for 3 times(based on analytics value-rule based trait). Assume, 1st time user enters into the website in Google Chrome normal browser saw the content as he is eligible for the segment and 2nd time(on another day) he uses Chrome Incognito to access the website so the question is when he sees the content even in Incognito, will it be counted as 2.

Employee Advisor
If you are targeting authenticated users then yes the count will become 2 on the second visit from incognito window. Just ensure that Profile Merge rule validates using authenticated profile option with Profile Link Device Graph.