Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AAM- How CRM talks to AAM for personalization

Level 1

Hi All,

I want to run personalized view for my existing customers and they are present in CRM database.

Here is the steps:

1. Created Data Source in AAM
  2. Integration Code: emailID (hashed)
  3. Cross Device in person

CRM data is uploaded to AAM (with proper file format). Segments are build using CRM data source. And this segment is used as Audience for Target.

I want to understand if someone from CRM data source visits my website and punch same email id (which is present in CRM only).

How AAM will recognize him/her.

Please guide.

Thanks,

Ujjwal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ujjawal,

It works like this:

1) You have uploaded CRM IDs that are hashed email IDs as inbound file for that data source and you created onboarded traits linked to that data source.

2) When the customer signs in to your site or app, you need to apply an ID sync code for that data source's integration code.So when the customer signs in, their hashed email id gets synced with AAM Device ID. So, AAM knows that this user has signed in, and hence qualifies for the segment, and Target shows an experience.

So, you are clear about everything except the customer ID sync process.

You can check these articles on customer ID sync:

Real time ID Sync in AAM using DTM

You can follow this article if you are using Experience Cloud Visitor ID service:

Customer IDs and Authentication States

Also check this:CID Replaces DPID and DPUUID

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ujjawal,

It works like this:

1) You have uploaded CRM IDs that are hashed email IDs as inbound file for that data source and you created onboarded traits linked to that data source.

2) When the customer signs in to your site or app, you need to apply an ID sync code for that data source's integration code.So when the customer signs in, their hashed email id gets synced with AAM Device ID. So, AAM knows that this user has signed in, and hence qualifies for the segment, and Target shows an experience.

So, you are clear about everything except the customer ID sync process.

You can check these articles on customer ID sync:

Real time ID Sync in AAM using DTM

You can follow this article if you are using Experience Cloud Visitor ID service:

Customer IDs and Authentication States

Also check this:CID Replaces DPID and DPUUID

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 1

Hi Varun,

Excellent.

I have Experience Cloud ID service implementation thru DTM and looks like I have done right way

1684495_pastedImage_0.png

SO:

emailid is a key which is used by my CRM data to sync with AAM and look for Value "hashedemailID" and thus ID sync is happening ??

Right??

Level 9

Hi Ujjawal,

So far this looks right. So, as I have understood, "hashedemailID" is the variable that stores the value when the customer signs in.

You need to create a data element for that, so that DTM can pick it's value from the variable from your web page.

Every website implementation has different way to authenticate a user, some uses Windows local storage log in functionality, some uses cookie, some uses hidden HTML element, or JS.

You need to find out where the value is being stored and create a respective data element in DTM.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

Hi Varun,

Yes, ""hashedemailID"" is a variable, storing value when customers sign in.

Great.. It worked.

Thanks,

Ujjwal