Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AAM - Data Collection

Level 10

Hi,

Let us assume a case where Adobe Analytics receives data from web site directly and AAM receives segments from Adobe Analytics.

Web Page --> Adobe Analytics --> AAM.

AAM does not have direct link with Web Page.

1. What is the role of DIL here?

My understanding is that DIL is for AAM to receive data from Web Pages directly, but in this case it is through Adobe Analytics.

2. Will AAM be able to enhance and add to the segments received from Adobe Analytics?

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

These are two different scenarios.

With DIL implemented on a webpage, if you have added code in DIL to received AA data ( siteCatalyst.init ), then that will be the real time data. You will have to create rule based traits for those AA variables ( preppend c_ for AA variables while using in AAM as signals), and then you will create Segments in AAM out of that.

The other way is through shared audience, you will create a report suite in AA, and then create a segment and then share that segment across Experience Cloud solutions including AAM. That data will be historical data, that is similar to onboarding a data file.

Thanks,

Varun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

These are two different scenarios.

With DIL implemented on a webpage, if you have added code in DIL to received AA data ( siteCatalyst.init ), then that will be the real time data. You will have to create rule based traits for those AA variables ( preppend c_ for AA variables while using in AAM as signals), and then you will create Segments in AAM out of that.

The other way is through shared audience, you will create a report suite in AA, and then create a segment and then share that segment across Experience Cloud solutions including AAM. That data will be historical data, that is similar to onboarding a data file.

Thanks,

Varun

Level 10

Hi Varun,

Thanks for responding.

My second question was answered, but the answer to the first is unclear to me.

DIL code is expected to connect web page and AAM.

But, if we do not have a direct connection between web page and AAM and AA is lying in between them, how do we handle?

Does DIL code make any sense to AA at all, or it is just redirected to AAM by AA, without trying to analyze and take some action?

What is the difference between normal JS code used for AA and DIL?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Rama.