Setting up a 2nd party data share between two AAM instances with the legacy batch file solution (not using marketplace). Should i set the receiving AAM instance's trait types as Rule-Based or Onboarded?
1. Firstly the inbound S3 server of the receiver using the S3 credentials of the same is created by the concerned Adobe consultant.
2. The S2S destination has to be setup at the sender’s instance to send the segments to the receiver (done by the consultant) and according to receiver's requirements, the segments will be mapped to this destination.
3. The data source has to be set up at the receiver’s instance to receive the segments that are shared by the sender.
4. Before sharing the segments from sender to receiver, the trait of type onboarded with the rule “sid=<segment id>” has to be created at the receiver’s end, else the segment sharing fails.
1. The receiver needs to set up data source to which the segments being shared are received. Use the following settings for setting up the data source. Choose the data source type as Cookie and inbound setting as AAM UUID.
2. Create a trait folder for the segments to be received. Example: From "Sender Name".
Within the the folder create an onboarded trait with the rule: "sid"="123456789" , it is the segment ID from the sending end.
For rest of the steps sender and receiver both will have to contact AAM Customer Care or your consultant, as this way of data sharing requires Destination to be set up by Customer Care or consultant. Where Sender will map segments.