Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

workspace sharing and scheduling to user groups?

Community Advisor

According to a quick test I was not able to share a workspace project or send a schedule to a "user group". It only allows to add "product profiles" as group of persons. can anybody confirm?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee
3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@Urs_Boller ,
Yes, that's expected behavior. Check here [Share to groups of recipients]: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/curate-share/share-proj...

Employee Advisor

I don't think the projects can be shared with the user groups created in Admin Console. They can only be shared with the product profiles. For the product profiles to show up in the recipients when trying to share a project, it should include at least one permission item across report suites, metrics, dimensions and analytics/report-suite tools. 

Level 4

Yes, same with sharing components like calculated metrics and segments.

It's truly odd for this to be expected behavior, as product profiles should be product-related and user groups should be user-related... There's rarely (if ever?) a case I would want to share something at the product profile level that I wouldn't simply share with "All" - whereas sharing with particular user groups is a weekly-or-more use case. I solve for this with components by creating a workspace, adding all new components to it and sharing with "Share embedded components" checked  - but this still requires the manual lift of adding each individual from the user group into the workspace project.