Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Workspace Filter Entries metric different from Page Entries

Level 2

Created a workspace 'Page filter' for select pages but the entries metric is very different when looking at the same page in the Page dimension.

All other metrics (Adobe and calculated) look correct.

Thoughts

SM_AP1_1-1620308853355.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear SM_AP1,

Entries in the segment behave differently than the dimension. As said by Andrey, regardless of the landing page, entries will be calculated for the segment and I have explained this in my post on Tracking Code raised by a fellow community member. Post URL : https://terrynwinter.com/adobe-analytics-entries-in-segmentation/

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

First panel

115799 - is the total number of Visits and Entries in May for those who have visited the page set in the segment regardless of whether that page was the landing page (entry page). For example, one visitor landed on the page SM|Home, the second landed on SM|Something. The report shows 2 Visits and 2 Entries.

Second panel

However, when you look at the page SM|Home, the number of Visits is still 115799, but the number of Entries is now lower as it shows how many times somebody landed on this page. From the example above with two visitors, only the first visitor would be reported.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear SM_AP1,

Entries in the segment behave differently than the dimension. As said by Andrey, regardless of the landing page, entries will be calculated for the segment and I have explained this in my post on Tracking Code raised by a fellow community member. Post URL : https://terrynwinter.com/adobe-analytics-entries-in-segmentation/

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics