Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Why is my Last Touch Channel only showing as Natural Referrer?

Level 1

Hi,

The First Touch Channel seems to be showing correctly (as below):

GeorgeDay_0-1600353441260.png

However, my Last Touch Channel seems to be showing as just "Natural Referrer" and I'm not sure why:

GeorgeDay_1-1600353543402.png

I have checked my Marketing Channel Expiration and Rules and both seem fine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear George,

Interesting! You have 'Natural Referrer' in Last Touch but unable to see the same in 'First Touch' which means your Marketing Channel 'Natural Referrer' is overriding every other channel.

Can you share the Marketing Channel rule for Natural Referrer? Guess some problem with the referrer i.e. Your internal domains were bucketing under your channel by mistake. Once we see the rule, we can help you.

Strong intuition is that your internal filters are not defined properly along with the Marketing Channel set-up.

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear George,

Interesting! You have 'Natural Referrer' in Last Touch but unable to see the same in 'First Touch' which means your Marketing Channel 'Natural Referrer' is overriding every other channel.

Can you share the Marketing Channel rule for Natural Referrer? Guess some problem with the referrer i.e. Your internal domains were bucketing under your channel by mistake. Once we see the rule, we can help you.

Strong intuition is that your internal filters are not defined properly along with the Marketing Channel set-up.

Thank You, Arun.

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The current settings we have for Natural Referrer are pretty basic. So not sure why this is causing issues. See below:

GeorgeDay_0-1600411841058.png

Could these settings be causing the issue?

Thanks,

George

Community Advisor

Hello George,

Your screenshot is 'Natural Search' and not 'Natural Referrer'. Can you share the screenshot of 'Natural Referrer'?

Thank You, Arun.

Level 1

Hi Arun,

Apologies. Here is the correct screenshot:

GeorgeDay_0-1600416909294.png

Thanks,

George

Community Advisor

Hello George,

Perfect. Make sure that the 'Natural Referrer' rule is after all the rules like 'Natural Search', 'Paid Search' etc. If it is at the top of the other rules, credit will be given only to the 'Natural Referrer' because Marketing Channel works like a Waterfall Method.

Thank You, Arun.

Level 1
Hi Arun, this is the last marketing channel we have on the list. So unsure why the 'waterfall' is by-passing all the other marketing channels. Thanks, George

Community Advisor

Hello George,

Can we connect to debug this? You can reach me at my WhatsApp: +91 87545 61821.

Thank You, Arun.

Employee Advisor

As @PratheepArunRaj mentioned, it's certainly an issue in the Marketing Channel Processing Rules for the "Natural Referrer" channel as it's overriding on every Hit. You may want to review it.