Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Why am I seeing blank rows in a freeform table instead of zeroes?

Level 2

I've worked on a couple of Adobe implementations and with the tool itself for a number of years, and I don't recall ever seeing something like this. Instead of showing me zeroes where no data/counts exists the rows themselves are blank. What causes this? Is this normal?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is a setting on the column to "Interpret zero as no value"

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1701291509607.png

It looks like you or someone else applied this to that column (or maybe in your User Preferences so that newly added columns are using your set preference)

You can change this display at any time to suit your needs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is a setting on the column to "Interpret zero as no value"

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1701291509607.png

It looks like you or someone else applied this to that column (or maybe in your User Preferences so that newly added columns are using your set preference)

You can change this display at any time to suit your needs.

Level 2

As usual you were right Jennifer, thanks! I was using another user's report and they had that setting enabled. 

Community Advisor

You're welcome

This setting is really useful if you are using a line graph visualization... you don't end up with a flatline where there are zeros (also, the transition from data to no data is completely vertical as opposed to sloped)