Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

What's the current state of Category on s.products?

Level 4

I'm trying to implement s.products in an environment that has never used it. I heard in an Adobe training a while ago that the category part of the s.products variable will be deprecated and shouldn't be used long term. Is this true, or what's the current state of Category? I haven't found any documentation or announcement acknowledging any current or future deprecation. Is there a replacement or something that should be used instead?

If it's being deprecated, I guess I'll just leave the first part of s.products null, because I'm guessing they wouldn't change the whole format of s.products.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Mooreevan,

That should never be the case. You can continue to use Product Category in s.product syntax.

If you are not using Product Category, you can leave that blank. From my knowledge, Adobe didn't have any idea to change the s.product syntax at the earliest.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Mooreevan,

That should never be the case. You can continue to use Product Category in s.product syntax.

If you are not using Product Category, you can leave that blank. From my knowledge, Adobe didn't have any idea to change the s.product syntax at the earliest.

Thank You!

Arun

Community Advisor

If you provided a category section in your product string, version 14 made a 1:1 association between the product and category.

For example:

s.products=category;product;quantity;price;...

In Version 14, the first category associated with a product in a calendar month would be tied to that product for the entire month.

Adobe Analytics/SiteCatalyst 15 allows multiple categories per product. If you have products in multiple categories in the product string, you might see different values in the category report than you did before.

Thanks,

Asheesh