Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

What is the function of the Property URL?

Level 1

What is the purpose/function of the URL value when creating a new property? I noticed that this has no affect on whether or not a site actually loads the library and fires/uses the tags and events associated with the property. I.e., you can create a property with URL www.fake.com and then load the library file into your www.real.com site and the events will fire on real.com regardless of what you put in the URL value of the property. 

If this doesn't control what originating sites are allowed to use the rules, then what does the URL do and when is it referenced or used?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

I guess it serve the purpose of giving you a overview of each property as well as showing the right thumbnail of the website...

/Løjmann

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

I guess it serve the purpose of giving you a overview of each property as well as showing the right thumbnail of the website...

/Løjmann