Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Calculating a Mean Value on Dimension Values

Level 8

Hello Adobe Community !

I'm currently stuying the values of a conversion variable - and would like to calculate the mean value.
I've already done this with the visits, but this is diferent since I can't use any dimension on the Calculated metrics tool. I just can get the Instances of that dimension, but the mean has nothing to do with the mean of my dimension values :

Is this possible ? to multiply each value of a dimension by the number of instances ? Or I have to extract via the Datawarehouse and do the calculus with another tool ?

Kind regards,

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Mario,

You can't use a dimensions value as part of a calculated metric, instead you can change your implementation to set the value of the dimension to a custom event as well, and the use that event to make your calculations on.

/Løjmann

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Mario,

You can't use a dimensions value as part of a calculated metric, instead you can change your implementation to set the value of the dimension to a custom event as well, and the use that event to make your calculations on.

/Løjmann

Level 8

Nice !
That's a very good idea ! Thanks a lot Løjmann !

Løjmann

Kind regards,

Mario