Expand my Community achievements bar.

Weekly conversion rate calculation in Adobe Analytics

Level 1

Hi 

I wanted to create a calculated metrics giving me weekly conversion. For example, previous week if the total conversion for a dimension is lets say was 200 and the prior week if it was 240 so I can get two items given the time selected is last two weeks.

Any thought here would be helpful.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm going to assume the conversion calculation is something like "Orders / Visits"... or maybe it's just straight up "Orders"

Either way, you can set up custom date ranges:

Two Weeks Ago:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1712337132136.png

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1712337215886.png

Here you can see my panel is set to "Last Week", and I have used my custom date range to set "Two Weeks Ago" (I can leave as the default showing the date range, or explicitly rename it to "Two Weeks Ago") so I can see how my conversions change over time...

To create an in-report only date range, just click on the column metric and select "Add Time Period Column"

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1712337515230.png

(under that there are some pre-defined options, or the option to create a custom range, which is what I did)

If I want to do a Percent Change, I can create a calculated metric from these two columns to see if my values went up or down. Select the two columns right click, select "Create Metric from Selection" > "Percent Change"

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1712337640883.png

Note, Percent Change doesn't work well with a "Day" Breakdown, so you might have to use something more generic like "All Visits".

Also make sure your columns are in the correct order for the percent change to calculate the correct positive/negative parity.

Percent Change will automatically be set to use "Conditional Background" but you might want to tweek it from "Auto-Generated" to something more manual, so that your positive values are always green (or colour of your choice) and your negative values are always red (or colour of your choice)

Jennifer_Dungan_5-1712337908023.png

Employee

This might help:

• Open up Analysis Workspace
  • Have an empty freeform table ready in the workspace
  • Drop the dimension as column on the left of the freeform table
  • Drop the event (converion count) on the right of the freeform table
  • Break down your dimension by week, after you select last 2 weeks as your date range

The above solution is based on the following understanding:

"if the total conversion for a dimension is lets say was 200 and the prior week if it was 240 so I can get two items given the time selected"

• The "conversion" term above must be some metric in your AA
  • The "dimension" term above must be an attribute of the visitor generated in a visit
  • count of 200 and 240 is across two different weeks
  • "get two items" is understood to be two different lines shown on the graph with one shoing 200 and other showing 240