Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visualization (Line Graph) - Pageview

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I have a situation where the pageviews that I got after filtering few page names but when I tried to visualize it using Line Graph it shows total Page Views while I want it to show Page Views only for filtered Page Names. Attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Adobe ss.png

Is it possible to visualize Line Graph only for filtered Page Views?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @roshang!

Honestly, the easiest way to do this reliably is to just build a segment at the hit level for the pages you want to filter.  Explicitly dragging them in, as @yuhuisg suggests, will also do the same thing, but having one or more segments you can simply update and drag into your report will also make things easier to manage.

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be possible when you use a filter.

If you are graphing for a few Pages only, you could drag-and-drop each Page item into the table manually. The total will then be the total for those included items only.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @roshang!

Honestly, the easiest way to do this reliably is to just build a segment at the hit level for the pages you want to filter.  Explicitly dragging them in, as @yuhuisg suggests, will also do the same thing, but having one or more segments you can simply update and drag into your report will also make things easier to manage.

Jeff Bloomer

Level 3

Adding only specific dimension values from the Page Name dimension should return the expected output with the line visualization.

Example: Create a freeform table like this, and apply the line visualization to it.

Page name             Page Views

Home-Page             2 

Thanks,

Himanshu