Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visits vs. visitors

Level 8

Hello Adobe Community !

I'm currently working on the results of a subscription form in my web site.
Until now I was analysing the number of visits that go to the page where the subsrcription takes place, then doing a fallout vizualisation on the form that enables our client to subscribe.

But I was wondering, sould'nt be using the Unique Visitor metric instead the visit metric ?
I'm not sure when to measure the unique visitors , I know that these are unique since a 13month cookie recognices them- but I'm not sure when is it best to use this metric ! I would logically say that, since the subscription is linked to an account, the Unique visitor is best fitted to study this.

Some help on the visits vs. visitor metric would be nice !

Cheers !

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Unique Visitor would more closely resemble the number of actual people. Each unique visitor could have multiple visits.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Unique Visitor would more closely resemble the number of actual people. Each unique visitor could have multiple visits.