Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Visitor IDs from Multiple Web Properties

Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I am a beginner to Adobe Analytics and I would like to get everyone's insight into my current challenges.

Background:

I have a website that contains an iframe. Both the iframe page and the main page are having different launch web properties. When I checked the analytics, I saw that the iframe domain is using a different visitor ID as compared to the parent domain.

I tried this, but no luck
_satellite.getVisitorId().appendVisitorIDsTo('[your URL here]');

Note that the Parent URL and the iframe URL are using different domain, they're using different web property as well.

Question:

Is there a way to make the visitor ID the same even though I am using 2 different web properties on the site? I am trying to resolve a session refresh issue.

Appreciate anyone's insights.

Thank you!

1 Reply

Community Advisor

It might be because iframes work differently than links... I think appendVisitorIDsTo is designed to work against anchor tags only... 

You may need to get your developers to add the value to the iframe src value....

I know you can get the MCMID value with _satellite.getVisitorId().getMarketingCloudVisitorID() 

There must be an equivalent for the MCAID...

Based on a quick hack.. I found that the following return the values:

_satellite.getVisitorId()._fields.MCMID
_satellite.getVisitorId()._fields.MCAID

It's worth a shot seeing if you developers can grab these values and append them to the iframe source in the expected format?

www.destination.com?adobe_mc=MCMID=1234|MCAID=5678