Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

visitor id and order participation

Level 1

Hi,

I used a visitor id in the page tracking. So when a user logs in on the subdomain  service.test.com I forward the visitor id, when the user switches to test.com I also forward the visitor id. Orders only happen on test.com. The result of the implementation is that order participation for a page or domain from service.test.com that worked before is because of the visitor id not working anymore, so showing zero since the implemenation.

Can someone explain this behaviour?

Best,

Sebastian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Virtual report suites (which you're using, as mentioned in your comment) derive their data from the "main" report suite. So any data that you track to that main report suite will be available in the virtual report suites too (subject to what you're segmenting out in the virtual report suite's setup).

So there is no need to forward the visitor ID, because all of the virtual report suites will use the same visitor ID that is tracked to the main report suite.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor
Can you elaborate on why you're forwarding the visitor ID between subdomains? Normally, you'd only forward visitor IDs between different domains only.

Level 1
I have virtual report suites for both domains. I wanted to ensure the information isnt lost.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Virtual report suites (which you're using, as mentioned in your comment) derive their data from the "main" report suite. So any data that you track to that main report suite will be available in the virtual report suites too (subject to what you're segmenting out in the virtual report suite's setup).

So there is no need to forward the visitor ID, because all of the virtual report suites will use the same visitor ID that is tracked to the main report suite.