Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

visit count more than pageviews for custom variable (evar2=pagename)

Employee

Hi Team,

For one of my client when i take evar2(pagename)a s dimension and applied pageviews and visit as metric then i am getting visit count more than page view count     (Unexpected behaviour)
but when i check the same report with OOB dimension(page) and applied pageviews and visit as metric then i am getting pageview counts more than visits     (Expected )

VidhyaAk1_0-1713342227694.png

why this is happening ? how to investigate this issue ?

evar2 expiring on visit 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that your eVar2 is tracked with not only Page Views, but also with Custom Links, Download Links and Exit Links. If so, then I suspect that you are tracking Custom Links in visits that don't have any Page Views.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that your eVar2 is tracked with not only Page Views, but also with Custom Links, Download Links and Exit Links. If so, then I suspect that you are tracking Custom Links in visits that don't have any Page Views.

Level 4

I would check the following: 

• in the related data-element settings in Launch, is this page dimension being defined for more than a page view click?  There are linkclick associated dimensions and page view.  
  • If you are on the SDK, you will have XDM data-elements for page views, clicks, etc.  Is this dimension set for more than just the page related xdm data-element? 
  • In the reporting-suite definitions for this dimension, is the duration set for just page view, or in another way?