Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

view through conversions tracking with omniture

Former Community Member

Hello,

I'd like to know if adobe analytics is able to measure view through conversions (post-view conversion).

And if yes, what should we do in the set up to enable the view through conversions tracking, and how long is the lookback window?

I've checked a lot Q&As and asked several experts on this, but got diverse answers.

Hope to get an accurate reply here.

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shaw,

I asked around about this to some to Adobe experts and this is the reply i got:

"This can be definitely be done. They would need to write a function to identify when the ad comes in to view. At this point they can fire a separate event and capture the campaign value in a different evar. Note, if the same evar is used to check for view-through and click-through campaigns, they need to make sure they understand how the attribution is being done."

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Tanmay

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shaw,

I asked around about this to some to Adobe experts and this is the reply i got:

"This can be definitely be done. They would need to write a function to identify when the ad comes in to view. At this point they can fire a separate event and capture the campaign value in a different evar. Note, if the same evar is used to check for view-through and click-through campaigns, they need to make sure they understand how the attribution is being done."

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Tanmay

Level 2

I was just asked about this. For added clarity, does the media need to be onsite, or can it be paid media (i.e. display banner, social ads on FB/Instagram)?

Former Community Member

Hi Tanmay,

Thanks for your reply, sounds great!

I will check with our internal team on this.