Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Video tracking via Adobe Media Analytics (3.x SDK) for Audio and Video extension in data collection

Level 1

Hi Community! @yuhuisg @Jennifer_Dungan 

I'm a newbie in Adobe Analytics and I struggling a bit to understand how the point mentioned in the title works.

Please refer me to some guide/documentation/videos for the success implementation.

Thank you for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6
5 Replies

Community Advisor

I haven't actually used the official "Adobe Media Analytics", we have a few events that fire at core times, and I just use custom tracking for them (play, pause complete, and 10% complete, 25% complete, 50% complete, 75% complete and 90% complete).

However, I found these documentation:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/media-analytics/using/media-overview

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/media-analytics/using/implementation/overview

If you have any specific questions about the implementation, I might be able to support based on knowledge of how Adobe collects data, but I would be using the above documentation myself if I were to implement this today.

Community Advisor

I've had a few solutions over the years.

Since we have free GA on our sites, and have GTM in addition to Adobe Launch, one of my solutions used the YouTube Video triggers to detect the Start / Complete / Pause / and all my specified progress percentages.... then from GTM I triggered some custom JS events, then I listened for those events with Adobe Launch to facilitate my tracking.

There is a YouTube Playback extension in Launch, but I could never get it to work consistently... it would detect plays and pauses sporadically for me so I gave up (but it may just have been our site....)

In other iterations, our developers have events that I can watch for at each of the points I need to track, so I just created direct rules based on those triggers.

So rather than using the default "heartbeat" tracking of Adobe (which I think you might have more control over than when we first implemented), we limit the tracking calls to a subset of checks and pass the correlation data that we need (video name, id, duration, timestamp, etc)

Level 6

U have any sample code related to this becasue i couldn't find much related to heartbeat tracking 

Correct answer by
Level 6