Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Video Core measurement (vs heartbeat tracking)

Level 8

Noticed this blog post http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/the-tie-between-quality-of-experience-and-viewer-e... and asked from ClientCare what does that really mean… new metrics where & what!? :) Got the answer and there are new video core variables available to get better understanding about video stats and even with quality events. Looks very good, and I guess these are free to enable and you just need some new coding for the videos.

Anyway, my question is that is this totally different tracking system than the quite new heartbeat video tracking system? Looks like there are quite similar metrics but the other tool (heartbeat) is paid version? :D Or are these exactly same thing or what… yes, a bit confused. Any comments, anyone?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

What i understand from the blog post is that Quality of Experience (QOE) is a characteristic which describes how user engage with videos on your website. This can be measured through a set of measurable parameters. 

These parameters are sent with Heartbeat and can be found here under "Video Quality Parameters".

I have never used Heartbeat but probably its free and just the library needs to be downloaded and implemented. You can find more details here

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

Yes Heartbeat is not a free one and it transfers video data every 10secs vs milestone based tracking in traditional method.

If you go Heartbeat way, the data is first sent to heartbeat server every 10secs and then it is passed to analytics server. It provides more granular level of tracking and the additional cost is for video streaming and volume of calls to heartbeat server.

Thanks

Parmjeet

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

What i understand from the blog post is that Quality of Experience (QOE) is a characteristic which describes how user engage with videos on your website. This can be measured through a set of measurable parameters. 

These parameters are sent with Heartbeat and can be found here under "Video Quality Parameters".

I have never used Heartbeat but probably its free and just the library needs to be downloaded and implemented. You can find more details here

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

TM

Level 8

So in some way we are (I guess) talking about the same tool, now there are just more parameters available...

Heartbeat system is not free, I know. :)

Level 10

Correct. More parameters have been added. :)