Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

version number - where can I find the number?

Level 4

Hi,

maybe someone can answer these questions for me.

My question goes to the version number?

This page talks about the version number.

https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-event-types.html

H23.2 or higher.

where can I find the number?

Question2

on the same page is referred to as this assignment value.

Compare counter, incrementor, and currency events | Adobe Analytics Help

// Method 2:

s.events="event5=6.75";

how and where do I do it?

Did anyone come to give me a concrete example?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. These versions are versions for adobe's core functionality (appmeasurment.js or s_code.js) javascript. Know more About AppMeasurement for JavaScript

2. You can use these events in DTM but in place of just using event39(example), you will need to set it with data element. e.g.

event39=%quanity% or evant39=%price%

You have to set the event type in the admin console before setting number or currency with the help of data element in DTM.

Alternatively, you can use s.events="event5=6.75" but you have to set that in adobe custom code section.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Q1:

Use Adobe debugger Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger - Chrome Web Store to see your site version.

1757009_pastedImage_1.png

Q2:

Counter events: use it when you want to count numbers e.g. the number of downloads, carAdd etc.

Incrementor events: use it when you need to count more than one numbers. ex. quantity added etc.

Currency events: use it to set the value as currency. e.g revenue by product, total revenue etc.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Community Advisor

Dear Vitalin,

Search for 'version=' in your Base SC Code, you will be seeing result starts with 'H.##.#' or some Version Number. If it is Version Number and does not starts with 'H', then you are in the latest version. Not to worry much!

Example for the Incrementor is 'Page Load Time' or 'Product Revenue'. To understand the Page Loading Time, you cannot have the counter event rather you use event='Page Loading Time' i.e. Incrementor. Lets say there are two page views with page loading time 2 and 3 seconds. Then if you increment the event by 2 and 3, you will get 2 page views and 5 seconds. So average Page Load Time is 5/2 = 2.5 seconds.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

Hi,.

Thank you so much for the answers, that takes me further.

My Code Number

/b/ss/delagb2cglobal/1/JS-2.10.0-D7QN/s0471539582057

even though I don't know why all these version numbers exist.

To the events

I already use Evernts. Please see bottom.

But I always use them in the Adobe Tag Manager.

events-adtm.JPG

Which I've never seen before where to write this code.

s.events="event5=6.75";

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. These versions are versions for adobe's core functionality (appmeasurment.js or s_code.js) javascript. Know more About AppMeasurement for JavaScript

2. You can use these events in DTM but in place of just using event39(example), you will need to set it with data element. e.g.

event39=%quanity% or evant39=%price%

You have to set the event type in the admin console before setting number or currency with the help of data element in DTM.

Alternatively, you can use s.events="event5=6.75" but you have to set that in adobe custom code section.