Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Using Success Events with Props in Ad-Hoc

Level 1

I am comparing evars and props in Ad Hoc Analysis. I know in Site Catalyst you are not able to view success events in traffic reports, but in Ad Hoc you are. Should success events be used in traffic reports in Ad Hoc?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Lauren,

You're welcome to use events against props as dimensions, just keep in mind that the prop and event must fire on the same image request. eVars on the other hand can persist through a users visit to determine conversion on subsequent pages.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

They can be used in Ad Hoc but the practice should be not to use them with traffic metrics as per my knowledge.

For Success Events definition and implementation, please see the below docs:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/success_event.html

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/events.html

Also please see this old Blog post

Thanks!

Level 3

As the other post mentioned, it's not recommended to use sprop to get details on events.  The preferred method of looking at drivers to events are evars.  The rationale behind this is the persistent cookie.  You would want to look at all evars that may have influenced the conversion event.  Whereas, the sprop (if part of the image request) will only provide details at that snapshot.  

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Lauren,

You're welcome to use events against props as dimensions, just keep in mind that the prop and event must fire on the same image request. eVars on the other hand can persist through a users visit to determine conversion on subsequent pages.