Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Discover "Ad-Hoc Analysis" segments changed with release?

Level 1

Hi all -

Is anyone else having problems with segments built prior to the Discover/Ad-Hoc Analysis rebrand/relaunch (July 19, 2013)?  I think it may have to do with some container-within-container logic changing but I can't figure out exactly what is different. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Gigazelle -  Thanks for your response.

I think I discovered what my problem was in the release notes....I just changed one of the operator to "AND" (from "OR") and the data I expected to see shows up.

Here is what I am referring to from the notes:

Previously, when both rules and containers were embedded within the same parent container, they were joined using the AND operator by default. Joining these embedded entities worked when the AND operator was required, but presented problems when an OR operator was required.

Now, for all parent containers that include both rules and embedded containers, these rules are now put in their own container to apply logic evenly to the embedded rules and child containers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Philip,

Can you post a screenshot of a segment that's having issues? Also, can you be more specific as to what those issues are?

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Gigazelle -  Thanks for your response.

I think I discovered what my problem was in the release notes....I just changed one of the operator to "AND" (from "OR") and the data I expected to see shows up.

Here is what I am referring to from the notes:

Previously, when both rules and containers were embedded within the same parent container, they were joined using the AND operator by default. Joining these embedded entities worked when the AND operator was required, but presented problems when an OR operator was required.

Now, for all parent containers that include both rules and embedded containers, these rules are now put in their own container to apply logic evenly to the embedded rules and child containers.