Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

What percentage of visitors visit once, twice, three times, or more in a month

Level 4

Hi,

How can we find the visit number of a visitor within the reporting period? The visit number report currently shows the value based on visitor lifetime value, but I need it to be based on reporting time

e.g. In the below scenario if I run Visit Number report for Nov, it will show 1 visit for visit#6 and visit#7, but what I need is to see the total visits made only in November (visit1, visit2, etc.)

Aug: visit#1, visit#2
Sep: Nil
Oct: visit#3, visit#4, visit#5
Nov: visit#6, visit#7

What percentage of visitors visit once, twice, three times, or more in a month

Is this possible at all? Let me know your comments

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The only method I'm aware of that works for any arbitrary time period is a segment in ad hoc analysis:

Visit container where visit is greater than 2 (yes, visit is both the container and the rule)

If a visitor has more than one visit within the given time period, they are part of the segment. If not, then they are excluded.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You might want to use the getVisitNum plugin : http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/index.html#getVisitNum

You might want to try and create a segment like :

Container Visitor and rule where total visits is equal to number 

or

Container Visitor and rule where total visits is higher or  equal to number 

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 4

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the quick response. Aren't these plugins give a similar report as that of Visit Number (getVisitNum) and Return Frequency (getDaysSinceLastVisit)?

How can I find the visit numbers of current month only? i.e. if the 3rd lifetime visit of a visitor was in Nov (the other two previous visits were from Aug and Oct), it should show as visit-1 in November report.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The only method I'm aware of that works for any arbitrary time period is a segment in ad hoc analysis:

Visit container where visit is greater than 2 (yes, visit is both the container and the rule)

If a visitor has more than one visit within the given time period, they are part of the segment. If not, then they are excluded.