Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Using props in segment definition

Level 2

Hi,

Background:

I am considering using props in Analytics segment definition to match with country, language etc., values on our website to enable dashboard reporting at a country level. We use Page dimension values and tried out eVars for the definition as well. eVars posed a problem of persistence and included unrelated values in reporting. Our Adobe consultants have suggested the use of props instead.

Question: 

Will using props restrict our reporting capabilities? Can we still use eVar values we have set up to capture page info, download docs, and other information in our reporting? What are the challenges we might face for matching our segments using prop values?

Any insights will be much appreciated to understand if this is the right approach in every sense! Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Using a prop to set country value should work fine. You may also use evars with expiration of hits. The problem mostly people face using evars is when the expiration is set to visit an visitors change the country mid visit. I do not think using props will limit any reporting capabilities, except for the fact that it has a limitation of 100 characters.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Using a prop to set country value should work fine. You may also use evars with expiration of hits. The problem mostly people face using evars is when the expiration is set to visit an visitors change the country mid visit. I do not think using props will limit any reporting capabilities, except for the fact that it has a limitation of 100 characters.