Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Use AA & AT to understand number of users based on Category Affinity

Level 2

Hello,

We want to leverage Adobe Target's Category Affinities feature to create Activity to understand number of users viewing each category.

So wanted to understand where should we create Audience in, suppose if we create Audience in Target (based on category affinity) can we publish that to Analytics OR if we create Audience in Analytics(based on category affinity) and if we use this Audience while creating Activity in Target then does this Audience automatically updates in Adobe Analytics based on results of Target?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Target's Audiences "live" in Target only, so there's no way to export them out to Analytics.

You can, however, create a segment in Analytics, publish that to Experience Cloud, then use that as a Target Audience. However, this is still one-way, i.e. the audience is based on data that Analytics collects, and there's no way to feed Target's data into Analytics.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Target's Audiences "live" in Target only, so there's no way to export them out to Analytics.

You can, however, create a segment in Analytics, publish that to Experience Cloud, then use that as a Target Audience. However, this is still one-way, i.e. the audience is based on data that Analytics collects, and there's no way to feed Target's data into Analytics.