Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

'Unknown' and greyed out fields in segments since release

Level 1

Hi

Did a search and couldn't find this issue already raised.  Since the last release we have seen Unknowns or fields greyed out in several of our segments.  For example, we have a few regional segments and some of countries are now marked as 'Unknown' or have been greyed out e.s Soloman Islands.  I have been unable to resave these as advised as the option is greyed out also.

This is very frustrating as we have many segments that have this issue and we now have to re-create these figuring out what the missing countries are.

Is anyone else having this issue or can someone tell me how I can fix this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi we put in a support request to Adobe ClientCare for exactly the same issue with the reply:

"Unfortunately, this is working as designed. In order to create a new, more effective and more powerful segment manager, not everything was compatible.
 These segments will continue to work as they are, however, if you will not be able to edit them. You will need to recreate them."

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

We are seeing the same issue. I have a lot of segments that are set up with Mobile Device Type equal to Mobile Phone. None of those segments work unless I edit them, and reset the type from Unknown to Mobile Phone.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi we put in a support request to Adobe ClientCare for exactly the same issue with the reply:

"Unfortunately, this is working as designed. In order to create a new, more effective and more powerful segment manager, not everything was compatible.
 These segments will continue to work as they are, however, if you will not be able to edit them. You will need to recreate them."

Level 1

Thanks for the reply Peter.  I don't think Adobe's reply is acceptable.  One of our regional segments has over 50 countries with about a third now showing unknowns. The only way we can find out what the full list is is to find a saved report which contains the segment.  The segments are now useless if we are unable to find out what the rules are

Level 1

I would agree, and on top of that we didn't have advance warning that it would be an issue. In fact our regional segments contained around 200 countries and took several hours to create. Now we have to re-create them in the new segment manager which is slower than before. Fortunately we have a record of the rules.