Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Unique Click results for an Event

Level 3

HI

i've been asked to do a very basic tracking of an interaction with a table full of different cells. The business doesn't want any contextual info, doesn't care too much, but wants to know if the table was clicked on.  Fine. i've achieved that. But, they have specified that they want to know the specific number of clicks to the visitor.  So while i have created a rule that fires when they click on the table, they want to know how many clicks each visitor is doing.

What do i need to do to ensure i can report on this?  Without too much heavy lifting.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Setup the "Unique Event Recording" as "Record once per visit" if you need a unique event per session. If you need an unique event per user lifetime you can setup as "Use EventID" and pass as eventId a unique string that identifies the customer

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Setup the "Unique Event Recording" as "Record once per visit" if you need a unique event per session. If you need an unique event per user lifetime you can setup as "Use EventID" and pass as eventId a unique string that identifies the customer

Community Advisor

I'm sorry, but I have to jump in here... the request is to get the number of clicks per user... not restrict each user session to only count 1 click, which is what this solution is providing....

If you are trying to get an average number of clicks per user, you can just take your normal  (record every event) metric and divide by UV.

Now, if not all Visitors click on the table, the above with be skewed.. so you can instead create:

Table Clicks 

[ Segment: HIT - Table Clicks exists ] UVs

^ Looking for any hits where a Table Click Exists, when you pair this with a Metric like UVs, you will get the UVs that interacted with your Table within the context of your date range, etc

When I do similar for "people who interact with our main menu"...  If I just do the clicks / UVs (I get really small numbers, like 0.02.. but in the second scenario... clicks per user (that actually use our menu), I get a more reasonable 3.45

Or, if you are tracking something like a User Login Guid or ID for your users, you can just use your click metric directly paired to the user ID.. that will tell you how many times that user clicked your table.